It’s easier than ever to keep your patio furniture upholstery and sling looking like new! For best results cleaning your upholstery or sling, clean your spill or stain as soon as possible after it occurs.
Here are some basic tips from one of our upholstery suppliers, Sunbrella:
- Blot (don’t rub) liquid spills with a clean, dry cloth. For oil-based spills, apply an absorbent such as cornstarch, then remove with a straight edge.
- Spray on a mild cleaning solution of soap (such as Dawn or Woolite) and water.
- Allow cleaning solution to sink into the fabric.
- Use a soft bristle brush to clean.
- Rinse the fabric thoroughly to remove all soap residue.
- Air Dry.
If your stain doesn’t completely come out, click on the following links to consult Sunbrella’s more detailed Upholstery Care and Cleaning guide, their Sling Cleaning Guide or their Stain Guide, for specific instructions on many types of common stains.